Handling the relentless pressure of budget restraints, regulatory change and managing risk
Working with clients to deliver quality financial documentation efficiently and cost effectively.
Struggling to scale quickly to meet surge capacity?
Rely on our flexible platform and team.
Under pressure to reduce costs and maintain quality?
Together we can deliver both.
Considering an integrated service?
Collaboration is in our DNA.
How we work with you
BAU and flow
Our right-sourcing advantage, scaling from a single, on-site resource to virtual fully-managed, multi-skilled offsite and offshore teams, provides you higher-quality services at excellent value.
Regulatory compliance projects
We handle basic and complex regulatory reform challenges to reduce time and streamline tasks across the end-to-end process.
Our tech-enabled specialist teams are matched to the required work-type and experience level, delivering sustainable solutions.
Helping you succeed
Libor repapering solution for global investment bank
Hybrid resourcing solution combining onshore legal and project management expertise with offshore managed legal delivery.
Integrated team of 34 resources working across the UK and South Africa.
Reviewing loan agreements and handling client outreaches and negotiations.
Cost effective delivery model for global investment banks and international asset managers
Designed and implemented an operating model which included integrating a dedicated Cognia team working as an extension of the client’s in-house legal function.
Supported multi-jurisdictional and multi-governing law BAU derivative documentation negotiations alongside the internal client team based in New York and Paris.
MiFID II and GDPR compliance support with law firm delivery partner for US headquartered investment banks
Managed end-to-end process from set-up to execution of final documentation.
Repapered or set up over 3,500 consents, policies and master trading documents across many jurisdictions papered under UK or US Law to be MiFID II compliant.
With client, documented separate data privacy notices for 38,000-strong client base to meet GDPR requirements.
Meet some of our lawyers
Trusted General Counsel with deep expertise in financial documentation across the global banking sector
- Over 20 years’ experience as a market-leading derivatives and structured finance lawyer at law firms and in-house, including the London Stock Exchange, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, Ashurst, Dresdner Kleinwort and Barclays Africa.
- Known for delivering market-leading solutions for high volume, contract intensive legal work globally having led teams both in London and South Africa.
- Successfully managed large service delivery teams dedicated to tier one financial services clients ensuring they exceed client quality and turnaround metrics.
Skilled derivatives financial documentation negotiator and team leader
- Qualified lawyer with a LLM from Stockholm University as well as the University of Cape Town and LLB from SOAS University of London.
- Specialises in the drafting, review and negotiation of OTC derivatives, securities lending and associated documentation
- Experience includes managing an offshore BAU team of derivatives negotiators working for a tier 1 global investment bank
- Other experience includes regulatory repapering projects
Highly qualified in-house lawyer and regulatory advisor
- Dual qualified in England and Wales and in New Zealand.
- Experienced in analysing and implementing financial regulation including EMIR, certain aspects of MiFID2, PSD2, IOSCO/EMIR margin requirements for uncleared OTC derivatives, benchmarks and IBOR reform.
- 20+ years’ financial markets expertise in derivatives and foreign exchange, ISDA documentation and complex structured transactions.
- Built and managed teams of 20+ staff as Head of Legal and as a Business Manager.